The association introduces itself
The DGPM has about 1,400 members, the largest professional association for the field of psychosomatic medicine and psychotherapy in Germany.
- The DGPM promotesscientificandclinicaldevelopment of the discipline.
- TheDGPMrepresents the interestsof the Department ofPsychosomatic Medicine and Psychotherapy,the additional designation ofpsychotherapy andpsychotherapeuticprocedures ininpatient and outpatientmedical care, training, education and research.
- TheDGPMrepresents the interests ofmembersin all committeesof health policyandis committed toa fair andadequate fundingof the territoryintheoutpatient and inpatient care.
- TheDGPMorganizesan annualscientific meetingand other training and educationevents thatare certified bytheMedical Associations.Ourjournalis theÄrztliche PsychotherapieandtheZeitschrift für Psychosomatische Medizin und Psychotherapie.
- TheDGPM is divided into afederal associationand regional associations.
- Thecoordination ofactivitiesat the federal leveland state levelis done byan advisory board.
- On the boardof the Federationbothpracticing physicians,hospital doctors, university teachersas well as thedifferentbasic orientationsare represented(analyticalandbehavioral therapy).
More information can be found in our Information note (PDF | 459 KB) and on the following pages: